6/28/14

Beta Notes!

So Friday is the only one this summer I wasn't taking off work this summer, and while glancing through my email at the workshop I was attending, I saw a beta invite email.  I assumed it was spam.  Nope!  Got home and the beta (still labeled alpha) was in my launcher.  Apparently it's a stress test? Regardless, I'm in.

Friday it was quite disconnect-y, and it still was much of today, but today was more playable.  Here's my notes I made as I played (notes in bold, with commentary).

THIS IS PRETTY SPOILERY FOR TANAAN JUNGLE STUFF IF YOU WANT TO AVOID THEM.



NOOO my transmog is slowly bleeding away - transmogs you had on gear prior to copying a character seem... unstable.  All I've got left on my hunter is her shoulders, though I redid her bow.

Bags are filling backwards - this seems related to the changes in bags.  Bags have a configuration gear on them, and you can tell them which loot you pick up goes where... except the backpack.  Perhaps I am the only one who keeps the stuff I'm going to vendor in my backpack? If I could assign junk to it, I would find the change much less annoying.  But right now it fills Bag 4 to Bag 0 if you have them unassigned.



I spent a good deal of time copying over toons and rotating through them once I discovered the toybox.  Only one alt had any items (2) that my main didn't that are currently listed as toys.  The toy list is currently incomplete.

Not yet toys:
  • Haunted War Drum
  • Vrykul Drinking Horn
  • Ancient Amber
  • Anatomical Dummy
  • Silversage Incense
  • Puntable Marmot
  • Cremating Torch
  • Turnip Punching Bag
  • Totem of Harmony
  • Turnip Paint "Gun"
  • Shushen's Spittoon
  • Hozen Idol
  • The Golden Banana
  • Ruther's Harness
  • Snowmaster 9000
  • Crashin' Thrashin' Robot
  • Burlap Ritual Bag
  • Orb of the Sindorei (which... doesn't actually work right now?)
  • Leyara's Locket
Woo bear does Fort now!  With the changes in pet buffs & debuffs, my bear gives 10% health now.

Wow, camera following you down every.step.of.the.stairs is really disorienting. Makes it feel like the screen is shaking.  This was annoying enough I commented on one of the threads about it on the forums.

I... I feel kind of like a unit in a Warcraft RTS.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but Khadgar's comments after you inadvertently free Gul'dan made me feel like I was a unit in Khadgar's game.

Quest objective glow is nice.

The quest text feels more... RP-ish, which is nice. Could do without the colonial racism from Khadgar, though.  Khadgar keeps calling the orcs of Tanaan "natives," which just feels off.  "Locals" might feel less offensive.

Special Action Button popping up when you're in the right spot to use a quest item is a nice touch.  Especially since the quest items are no longer in your bags.  Maybe this will avoid some of the LUA interference with addons when you try to click quest items in your objectives trackers.

Wooo Lady Liadrin!

Hey, the change in % and # display on health bars is nice. Much easier to read.  I'm really bad at estimating percentages, and I like having the numbers there too.

And we go all Isengard on the forge. LOL. Khadgar is secretly an Ent!  I was amused.

Good job, Khadgar, now we're trapped in a cave.  I may have actually yelled this at the screen. >.>

Ahhhh, Aimed Shot while moving by default. Which is good, because I'm missing Arcane Shot just for something fast to hit.  Arcane out of the rotation works okay as far as I can tell, but I miss it for grabbing mobs for grouping them up to AOE.

Me (joking): I need another monitor, [husband]! [I have two.] Him (in srs computer man mode): Well... you'd need another video card, and a new power supply, so it would be expensive...  I was trying to beta and WoW and Hearthstone at the same time.  Ahem.

Current macro: Aimed, Chimera, Steady x2, Aimed, Steady x2 - I could probably be doing without a macro, but this seems to mostly work right now.  I can't effectively keybind and move, so I think I'm better off with the shot macro, anyway.

More later tonight after the flex raid!

No comments: