7/22/14

Beta Notes 10-12 (with bonus notes, Part 8)

Here's parts 10-12 of my beta notes, including some priest notes, initial Forsaken changes, and more.  Spoilers, of course.



Hm, none of the level 90 priest talents do damage as discipline anymore.  This isn't the end of the world; I just have to get used to not having the option to use Halo for soloing damage without switching specs.

Stairs are still *really* disorienting.  Constant head bob.  Ugh.

Oh, oh right. I don't have Psychic Scream right now either. I adjusted to the hunter and DK changes a lot more smoothly. >.<  I don't know yet if I prefer Void Tendrils or having a fear option.

Khadgar: Man or Ent?  Seriously, every time I go through the starting area, it's like Isengard all over.

Is Lady Liadrin wielding Quel'Delar??? SHE IS!

I still have the agility one in the bank.

OMG my undead have eyelashes. Not sold on how the eyebrows all look the same, but overall not bad. Female night elves still look like the need to go get threaded.  Sounds like facial customization pass hasn't been done (sort of like how all the orc ladies had brown eyes for a long time, and may still), but they should look more different when they're done.

9 years later I finally have my fire ammo. ;_;  Now that I don't actually have ammo.  Lone wolf doesn't interest me, even as Marksman, unless a fight's mechanics work better with it.

One day I will escape my garrison again! One day...

Out of my garrison again! Finally!  Next day was better, yes.

Nighttime is dark - which is nice - but I won't be able to do it on my 2nd monitor. I keep that one's brightness lower.  I've got a two monitor set-up, and the one I normally run WoW on is fine at night.  But I've generally got both WoW, the beta, and maybe Hearthstone open at once, and the beta is what gets resized onto the darker monitor (so websites and whatnot don't blind me).

"Do Not Touch" - really?! Is this here just for the people who pushed Mimiron's button?  I did eventually touch it.

Whoops, this is Talador, not Gorgrond.  So yeah, there's a fork in the road leaving Frostfire...

LOL - "Function Disabled. See Operation Manual Vol. X pp.1014-1034"  Talador just kept spamming this off and on.

Ohh.... the Femur of Improbability will give a treasure. Placeholder atm.  Like I said, spoilers.

Penny Clobberbottom == Reckless Rocketeer??  6 mana, 5/2 with charge... Seriously, first thing that popped into my head when I saw her Gorgrond introduction.

... commander? What, do I look like Shepard to you?  I haven't played Mass Effect, but I've overheard most of it.

Beta /1 is like some weird combination of Barrens chat and Trade chat. Their unholy child, or something.  It's... really weird, in a way.  A mix of "How do I...?" and "X sucks!"

Sniper shot: going to kinda suck if fights require any constant movement, but at the same time, I LOVE the concept of it for Marksman.  I was jealous when this was a Survival thing.  Just like when they STOLE my extended range out of the 15 point talent tier.

I... I think this wasp and this ravager are mating. I'm not gonna screenshot that. >.<  Seriously, no, not going to screenshot it.  It was creepy.

Now taming: Toucan Sam.

Like I said...
Aww.... lagging too much to actually name it Sam.  I'm not sure if the name wasn't sticking for some other reason, but I'm betting on lag.

Yessss... your mine actually has stuff for you to mine.  I spent chunks of the previous two betas mining; this one I don't even have to leave my garrison to do it!

So I realized I skipped Beta Notes 8; here's those, too:

Haha, ok, swapping my Death Grip and Army of the Dead buttons was a bad idea.  I'm still playing with the death knight's toolbars, but they're a similar color.  I had to put them back how they used to be.

Oh, server restart. I'll log out and see if I maybe log back in at the same spot.
  ... sometimes.

Woot, got the herbalism drop.
  The DK is one of the herbalism/alchemists I transferred over.

... and the server's going down again. I guess I'll try more later!

No comments: