7/1/14

Beta Notes, 2-4

Here's my notes parts 2 to 4.  Some of the lag-related bugs have been fixed since I made the notes.

Remember: There are spoilers!!


Wait, wait, Gazlowe?! The boss of Ratchet?! (Literal IRL reaction: headgrabbing in the "mind blown" gesture) - yes, Gazlowe is overseeing construction of your garrison (Horde folks).

Oh, this is a lovely cave.
  All the caves in Frostfire Ridge have such a lovely organic feel.

This... feels like WoW. Maybe it's playing with the sound on again.
  I dunno, running around the garrison, doing quests, having the quest hubs all be non-linear but interlinked... it feels like WoW again.

Whoops. Now my pet is bugged. Can't summon, not dead, can't dismiss. Let's try dying.
  This is one of the ones that has been fixed!

Help I have discovered mining nodes I am doomed.
  Yeah, doomed since I don't have any smelting or engineering patterns yet.  At least there's a reagent bank tab now...

I like how much more organic the caves feel.
  Apparently I like them so much I made two notes about it!

Hm... Prophet Velen spam seems to be tied to the lag out and my pet bugging.
  This was the bug, and they seem to have fixed him.

Ok, I think the bear is lagging/distance despawning, but not properly despawning. So it thinks he's summoned, but he's not, and Dismiss pet doesn't work. Nor is he dead. Since dying unsummons him, that's working. 
This was what the bug did for pets.

Disconnects getting better.
  Stabilized on Sunday some.

Pulled my Frostwolf tabard out of the bank.
  Hell, yeah, Frostwolves!

NOOOO Frostfire Pigs I'm sorry. I forgot how dangerous Barrage is.
  I, um, slotted Barrage back in for AOE pulling, and, well, critters. ;_;

Lagspike when the zone music restarts.
  I... I think this has gotten better?  The lag in general has improved.

Ooooo pretty new white furry worms.  They are pretty... and I'm not playing Beast Mastery, dammit.

Wow ravenous ironchewers are creepy looking.
  Creeeeeepy.

Oh, hey, level 100 ogres. Whoops. (Ha, I killed it.)
  I haven't gone back to see what they're about, but there's several of them.  They were in the way of my mining node.

Pet despawn bug has changed slightly - pet now shows up as dead but isn't, can fix by relogging.
  Still related to Velen, but it's fixed now!

Resizing the window via the maximize button cause some weird shadowing of mobs/players.
  This is still bugged, and I posted about it in the thread on the forums!

A battle pet! Oh, this poor rat is all alone.
  Not sure if pets have friends yet, but pet battles seem to be still basically operational.

Came out of pet battle, can't move. Lag? Bug? Both? Looks like lag.
  Yep, Velen lag.  Fixed now!

Oooo this treasure chest glows purple.
  So quest objectives glow white-yellowish, and special treasure objects are purple.

I wish I could get Snowpaw as a follower after Urukag dies. He looks lonely. :(
  It took me forever to get this quest done, and then Snowpaw just sits there looking so sad.

Unused Currencies sorting above WoD ones is a bit unhelpful - putting WoD above it will push it further up the window.
  Hopefully "Unused" gets weighted out of alphabetical order.

Ogres are consistently funny.
  They are.  I have screenshots going back to vanilla with them yelling things like "Me smash Kitty!!"

Checked MoP snakes, not yet tameable.
  Sorry, @JulianJRossi.  I tried. :(

YAY SNOWPAW!!
  So I log in the next day and SNOWPAW IS RIGHT THERE BY MY GARRISON HOME.  Not a follower, but he hangs out with Khadgar's tour guide now.

... unused woodpile doesn't seem to be despawning today.
  Yay extra bugged garrison resources I can't spend yet? o.O

And I spy with my Eagle Eye... a chest on top of the tower! I'm goin' up!
  I'm glad I still have Eagle Eye and that it's giving me reasons to go places.

I was really happy about Snowpaw.  Every time I crashed and ended up back at my garrison, THERE HE WAS!  It was great.

No comments: