7/11/14

Beta Notes 5-7 (Now With Screenshots!)

Here's parts 5-7 of my beta notes.  Spoilers abound!



Dance hat!  The ogre trader you rescue will sometimes sell  these.


I wonder if those roof supports are ribs or tusks.  A lot of the orc structures seem to be made with curved roof beams that could be either.

Bulwark of Azzinoth?!  Some of the Thunderlord NPCs are running around with what could only be this.

FINALLY doing Ga'nar's quest. The Herald just hasn't been there the previous attempts at getting it done.  I'd only been trying for days.

Whoops, black powder chain reaction.  You only have to set off one of the siege weapons for them all to go.

Man, at least all the NPCs know my tauren is female.  So many PUGs refer to my tauren as "he" by default.  The dimorphism in tauren is pretty obvious; you'd think this wouldn't be a problem.

A gronn picked up the ground I was standing on and threw it.  Yeah.

These gronn are probably the most interesting non-dungeon/raid mob I've fought in forever.  They are - they've got interesting mechanics, and that whole pick up the ground you're standing on and throwing it thing - hella nifty.

I haven't yet found the quest that lets me upgrade my garrison (e.g., the one that gives you plans for the Alchemy Lab or some other 2nd building).  Further research suggests you have to be an alchemist to get the drop right now.

:O Grulloc? A son of Gruul?? Duuuuude. Oh, so we're not here for *him*, but for the orc by him. Except... I can't seem to do this quest right now. Either they don't release the gronn, or the gronn despawns.

Oh, this is a *really* young orc. I thought I was looking for a teenager, but it's just a kid.  Rescuing orc children - go!  This chain was much shorter than I expected, just the one quest.

Still trying to get Grulloc to work. Otherwise I guess I'll have to switch over to my priest or something.  This took some time to get to start properly.  Not hard once it actually did.

So apparently I somehow left General chat. I *thought* it was really quiet.  Usually when my channels bug out it's only the custom ones.

Hm... I am out of quests... but there's still a flightpath up north I haven't been to? And still no way to upgrade my garrison further/do the mine quest in it... Hm. I guess I'll see what's at that flight path spot.

Or my queue will pop for the dungeon that I... won't actually load into.

Okay, no dungeon. Throm'var doesn't seem to have any quests for me.

Okay, not getting this Mysterious Flask drop... let's try an Alchemist.  This was the common wisdom.  Options that I've copied over are rogue and death knight.  Death knight it is!

And my DK's bars need work. Hm.  Two of my standard hits (Rune Strike and Heart Strike) are gone, so I've gotta juggle the remaining options.  Rotation feels a little empty.

YEEESSSSSS You can reverse bag cleanup/new loot now.  This was a major frustration initially.  I'll have to play with bag settings some more to get it to play how I want it to.

I'm really having trouble talking myself into doing this opening part again. But I want to try out upgrading a garrison, so...  I really liked the Khadgar bit the first time through, but after that... ugh.

Ooo a flower hydra.  Alas, an elemental, so no taming.


Oh, the garrison *starts* with gates now.  I saw them on my hunter's and thought they had been added since she'd been there a while, but nope.  They come standard now.

I assume the gap in the wall is in homage to our Alterac Valley weakness of... um... 10 years?  Ahem.  Actually I'll probably use this more than the gates because I don't have to dismount.

Liking Frostfire. But Tanaan... eh.  It's going to be a slog (albeit a short one) to get all my toons started.

... looks like my flightpath got stuck on the edge of my garrison. Hm.  As you can see, a couple others are stranded with me.


Exit, reload.  I suppose I could have hearthed, but I figured exiting might pop me back to my hearth point, or at least make me fall.

Well, this is awkward. I'm in Shadowmoon Valley. On a tauren DK. Um...  Yeah.


Hey, a bonus objective. Well, I can see it, but apparently not actually do it. Probably because it's Alliance.

Ah, crap. A village. Now I'm flagged.  Let's jump onto that lake!  There probably aren't guards there...


Karabor in the background.

Even the lilypads are pretty.

Hey, is that a neutral flight path? Now, how to get there...  This took some doing.  Parts of this zone have deceptively impassable terraced cliffs.  I did pick up a quest, though!


Vashj'ir has definitely set some standards for underwater terrain.  That coral down there...


"You don't know any flight locations connected to this one."  Neutral flight path not as helpful as hoped.

:O That moon!


Flying out of the garrison is now "You're not in Kansas anymore."

Frostfire is pretty cool but it doesn't inspire these kinds of screenshots.

It occurs to me the Horde had a lot longer trip on their boat out of Tanaan.  Seriously, Tanaan is just north of Shadowmoon; Frostfire is opposite the map from Shadowmoon.


Star pattern suggests non-spiral galaxy.  If you live where it's dark enough, you know that the Milky Way makes a bold strip across the sky.  That's the side view of the spiral structure we get from our spot on the outskirts.  This suggests an elliptical of some sort.

Sky in Shadowmoon Valley

Okay, this isn't getting me closer to upgrading the garrison. Back to Frostfire...  Finally hearthed after making a circuit of the zone.

Huh, that bug reoccurs. At least this time I died falling in Frostfire.  This time I just fell off the rylak and died.  I couldn't get the death knight to load back in for a while, so I called it a night.

No comments: