7/14/14

Hearthstone Interlude: Daily Quests

So today's daily quest popped up, and it's "Destroy them all" - you know, the destroy 40 minions quest.  And immediately I thought: mage quest.

I'm not great at Hearthstone - I hover around rank 19 or 20, occasionally flirting with 18, but I don't play enough to get that good at it.  I am starting to favor particular classes for particular quests, though.


Seven of the daily quests don't have a class requirement, so you can complete them with whichever deck you want to play.  Here are the ones I like for each; if the first class seems to be having bad luck that day, I'll switch to one of the ones down the list.

3 Victories!: Win 3 games with any class.
  1. Hunter
  2. Warrior
  3. Mage
Beat Down: Deal 100 damage to enemy heroes.
  1. Mage
  2. Warrior
Destroy them All: Destroy 40 minions.
  1. Mage
  2. Warlock
  3. Warrior
Only the Mighty: Play 20 minions that cost 5 or more.

  1. Priest (customized for high-cost minions)
Spell Master: Cast 40 spells.
  1. Druid
  2. Mage
  3. Warlock
The Meek Shall Inherit: Play 30 minions that cost 2 or less.
  1. Rogue (my murloc deck)
  2. Paladin
  3. Priest (customized for low-cost minions)
  4. Hunter
Total Dominance: Win 7 games in any mode.
  1. Hunter
  2. Warrior
  3. Mage 
For the "X or Y class wins" quests, I basically have a priority:
  1. Hunter
  2. Warrior
  3. Warlock
  4. Mage
  5. Rogue
  6. Priest
  7. Shaman
  8. Paladin
  9. Druid
The priority lists aren't necessarily which deck is the strongest, but a mix of how much I enjoy the class and how like the deck's playstyle and how likely I am to win with it.  It's not a perfect mirror of my WoW class preferences - my WoW #2 is priests, and mage is one of the three I don't have at 90 (yet).  Hearthstone Jaina plays like Jaina from the books, though, and I appreciate that quite a bit.

Do you have different deck preferences for the quests?

No comments: